Two rings in one church.

Brian Meldon CanewdonBells at 1LXzve_uKmtsZ1EJ4-NRsy3WcfHrcLR-2CdNxJkoypp03aTHtqXpL7iOzivwuwK1_NrsSrGEuB3evuoYrUcCSpjZGNgFpQ.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jul 30 09:57:23 BST 2008

I was asked a question the other day by someone in our village that I
could not answer with any certainty.
When the new ring of 10 is installed at Canewdon later in the year
will we be unique in having two complete separate rings of bells in
the church? Admittedly the old 5 will remain unringable and have
chiming hammers installed but they will all be on their original
headstocks with full wheels, stays and sliders, or what is left of
them after nearly 300 years! Using on-line Dove I have found that St
Pierre du Bois on Guernsey has a separate ring of 3 bells with half
wheels, but I can not find out if this is a complete ring or if any
bells have been removed, I do not know if there are, or have been, any
others.

Brian Meldon