[Bell Historians] Towers with ropes out of order.

Sue Marsden erincaters at kTP3sBjOaaGx7etVS0dDKGFMsjF1CwmOB6O_n_1Q99hf9OuaVWm-W0qv06VHcPBmjCK77sjkcqpwYna-7RUEq8u7VEI.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 31 09:14:36 BST 2008

> I have noticed that the on-line Dove has an update for Stoke Newington
> where the ropes are out of order. Are these bells ringable? Are there
> any other ringable towers with ropes out of order?

Eltisley in Cambs has ropes in the order 1324. Though they are not
ringable now, they have been ringable - I rang a quarter peal on them
about 20 years ago. I can't remember when or why they went unringable
though I could probably find out.

SEM