[Bell Historians] Last Towers in Dove

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at -iHz0GeCA__wHC1NBszkIX5FCVdKzC-dU4WO3K37ansZXxsZom6bN43xXE4WWFIO93Oa4gXENuo2dmPT.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jun 18 00:34:01 BST 2008

Hello Mike,

Hunston, Suffolk

A little more research shows that in November 1898, a paragraph in the
BN says that they were rehung 'two years ago' (1896) and that a tenor
bell was added two weeks ago (in 1898).  The benefactor was the Rev. H. Ray.

It goes on to say that a Major Heigham has now given the order for a 5th
bell, which is to be hung by Christmas (1898?).

A peal was rung on the five in June 7, 1908.  The tenor was reported to
be 7 cwt.

Nowhere does it mention any founder.

Lawshall is not mentioned in the BN index and neither are mentioned in
the RW index 1911-2003.  However, a mention is made of Hunston in 1967
on page 758, when they were rung for Harvest Festival by the Rougham
ringers.  This reference came from the yet-to-be-added indexes from 1942
to 1992.

Regards

Alan

January 1909