Latest Facsimile books

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at s5XnGrQ2ogJfLvxWw7p-YsXGLZZWp8Cg0PZ5_05fHZ8pDEcKbavmbY8GavudHjhRb-qt8eHmdmouy-y0.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jun 26 04:49:50 BST 2008

Hello Everyone,

First the bad news.  The Monk edition of Campanalogia Improved (1766)
has been delayed.  The reason is the time it is taking to clean up the
pages. That is the removal of the show-through or ink bleeding from one
page to the next.  I'm sorry about this but I aim to provide a quality
product.

Secondly the good news.  "Ancient Church Bells in England" by Downman
(1898)  has been published today.   The ordered copies will be in the
mail shortly.  Only 75 copies of this book were privately published and
so the book is quite rare for 1898.   It begins with a list of
Campanologists and their works, from Lukis to Cox (Church Bells of
Buckinghamshire) and goes on to list their works.  The main theme of the
book is bell inscriptions, founders, etc.   Price is GBP40.00.

Finally, I have republished 'Tintinnalogia' in the correct size.  I have
also included a facsimile copy of the 1668 edition, as well as the 1671
edition - a nice pair of facsimile copies.  As individual books, they
are priced at GBP40.00 but as a pair, they are GBP75.00.  For people who
have already purchased a copy of the previous 1671 facsimile, I will
give a full GBP40.00 credit if the earlier copy is returned to me, at a
UK address, and has not been marked in any way.

 Best wishes

Alan Ellis
Ellis Publications
12937 - 99th Ave