Bell frame for sale (of no practical use)

David & Mary Kelly keltek at AqGlKWaRRUZ_m-SvgRzivekXwGG8JivzyTcifQMfGmFjey8MZ87gNrsl07cKIEkqYrV0HnwwfCxuftTei3I.yahoo.invalid
Sun Mar 16 19:14:56 GMT 2008

Yes we did refer to the heritage issues in the Keltek Trust 2007 activities report. The parish have been held up for several years by faculty and heritage problems. I do disagree with Andrew Bull's assertions that a 18cwt tenor is a bad idea. The existing bell is under-weight when compared to the other four bells; it is also badly cracked. The 18cwt tenor proposal should give a decent sounding tenor bell and this is unlikely to be achieved if the ring were remodelled with the existing ancient fourth bell as the tenor.
Providing the hanging is decent there should be no reason why a village band should not be able to handle an 18cwt ring. If you look a few miles south of Horton in Bath & Wells territory we have Wellow, a glorious 22cwt ring of six with a local village band. There are many more examples in the B&W too.
Dave