[Bell Historians] Re: Bell frame for sale (of no practical use)

Peter Humphreys pfh at KfrBigExfyQ6keTR5JTHsm4CSlZi9SxIkWutT6e0g_1kLH1LSdybk_Rj08Y0SSZmZTvWig2BvsLG-7hfVkR6.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 20 08:47:42 GMT 2008

I already do this - but the broken frame was beyond repair so the original
lenses were fitted into a new frame.
Later (believe it or not) my over-vigorous attempt to remove paint splashes
from the lenses led to them being scratched so these too were replaced!
Now here's an interesting question. Should my present spectacles be
classified as 'new', since neither the frame nor the lenses are the
originals, or 'refurbished' even though none of the original elements have
been retained? Or something else?
(This reminds me of the story of the road sweeper who had used the same
brush for all his working life, replacing the head 20 times and the handle
10!)

Peter Humphreys
15 Mount Park, Bebington, Wirral. CH63 5RD
Tel: 0151-608 9434. Mobile: 07896 342 920
Email Address: pfh at g8OKNOx-Z3fZ1t4Qo2_BlYyDmWTKheDdMo9tiGyMDuA0aIRo6USOslX4B37tymEX5NA29_KmO7PCVNmsOrw.yahoo.invalid
VOIP (Skype) pfhbdh