Gillett and Johnston

alanaj8283 aaj.buswell at DhujCwMPVwt7KV1H9j6-rruKP1WaCu-ZU-VLde2lUse-hhYg6aa01EiD-Z5TXlCMsTgboDbBowhaoAYNPIInr4Nj2zWF.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 29 09:18:26 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Robert Lewis <editor at ...>
wrote:

> At 11:10 28/03/2008, CJP wrote:
>
> >Robert Lewis might also have mentioned the
> >article "G&J – the final years from a JT
> >perspective" by Andrew Higson in Ringing World 9
> >May 2003 pp.435-6 which clarifies the involvment
> >of Taylors in the later work of the Croydon firm
>
> Yes, quite right Chris, that was an excellent article too.
>
> I wonder why the demise of G&J came to pass with
> so little contemporary comment in the RW?
>
> RAL

If of any interest, "The Advertiser" for Friday, January 26th, 1996
ran an article titled 'Time Keepers still ringing the changes 150
years on'. It refers mainly to the continuing clock business.

AAJB