G&J bells: the 'missing list'

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at oYPYPq5Loj3pYCgX0FlLwOoFUjT-OzeCYj_wviIVH3ScuByAZQqdnRSgqUx8AEaln-__SmEYfSKi4jecvv5_Mw.yahoo.invalid
Sun May 11 17:12:11 BST 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Chester" <mike at ...> wrote:

> --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "jimhedgcock"
> <jameshedgcock@> wrote:
> >   Mount St. Alphonsus Limerick are Taylor 1947, and the Cathedral
are
> > a 'mixed bag'.
> >

> It is at the Cathedral as stated. The list shows that it is not part
of
> the ring - it is  a service bell of 1936. It is strange that it would
> be by G & J as work on the bells around this time was carried out by
> Taylors.
>
> Mike

Perhaps I should have made it more clear that Limerick should not have
appeared in George Pipe's RW list of G&J true harmonic RINGS of bells.
The only contender for excellence in that city is the Taylor ring at
Mount St.Alphonsus. They are arguably the best bells in Ireland. But
others may have different opinions!
Jim