Re: [Bell Historians] Re: £ - s - d.

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at 3qv3rf0_AiRS0lxJ99Lk57lXo7gG8S3TWWREeHdvSVMBCGSH3dW0yeKiEC0nLrMXy7nxXitFedUChQGuZn3DnPXPHg.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 22 11:44:03 BST 2008

Thanks to every one who has replied. It is only that I'm trying to calculate a number of G&J weights from their cast weight, less Tunings to arrive at the Tuned or Despatched weight when the Tuned weight is not given in their Tuning Books.

Alan B.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Trotman
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:28 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: £ - s - d.

  In case it's of any help here's a JavaScript fragment to convert lbs to cwt-qrs-lbs:

          function lbsToCwtQrsLbs(wtlbs){
              var lbs = wtlbs % 28;            // remainder # lbs after removing qrs from total
              var wtqrs = (wtlbs - lbs)/28;    // total is now 'wtqrs' qrs plus 'lbs' lbs
              var qrs = wtqrs % 4;            // remainder # qrs after removing cwt from 'wtqrs'
              var cwt = (wtqrs - qrs)/4;        // total is now 'cwt'x 112 + 'qrs'x 28 + 'lbs'
              if ((lbs==0)&&(qrs==0)){return cwt+'cwt';}
              return cwt+'-'+qrs+'-'+lbs;
          }

  Peter Trotman

  On 5/21/08, Mike Chester <mike at TiGphCErcTvNn64zJSz97uYXfpBczsoDK3QXWmOfgXaQRUVSQhCf4nURH8ecTSjgA-8GTCimgoD57ouSM6ihmns2tc6VtA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
    --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Alan Buswell" <aaj.buswell at ...>
    wrote:
    > Does anyone have a formula whereby one can add/subtract Tons -
    > hundredweight - quarters - pounds suitable for computer use? I'm not
    > well up in these matters.
    >
    > Alan B.

    Depending on how many you might want to do you might use this site?.

    http://home.swbell.net/csz_stl/towerbells/Cwt-Qtr-Lb_Calculator.html

    Could convert things into pounds, add them up and covert them back into
    Lsd?

    Mike