G&J bells

George Dawson george at yoX2ppJMd_7Yeikh1hCV5ZSR8THDe1eWnfcWhlnPBis70izcFUKz8YAG0D2kWpoqkfOG_Y35HXgEzjsVysdgNMbrIDXiJI0.yahoo.invalid
Fri May 23 21:02:25 BST 2008

It may be 1931.

GAD

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of matthewhigby at uW1QIPO3GHvSDli183bZxCTjI2L1KSs-Ddk7Pbl3AxtI7m64v-juSFRHbPklfQhug12xWLLp3ShgQg.yahoo.invalid
Sent: 23 May 2008 18:21
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: G&J bells: the 'missing list'

aaj.buswell at VAxGZPQaqswTZqYPQGFp0-I_flK6uJrhcJV8XuzUcl_9HWWOu4aP59OStx3toUjQGmLugYBprZMSAoJRLMYWuAzGZVc.yahoo.invalid writes:

There is indeed a single G&J bell at Limerick, dedication not given but
might be S Mary's Cathedral. Details from Vol 12 p106: Serial No 5620;  33
3/16";  7-2-6;  C  517;  16/07/1936.

I was in Limerick with Mike Pomeroy (TC of St Marys) on Wednesday afternoon.
He says that there is another large (35cwt ish) G&J bell hung in a church, a
few 100 yds east of St Mary's Cathedral. He recons that this was installaed
about 1936 also.

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Co Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers.