Glastonbury, St. John the Baptist

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at op4sp4Oid5Q99Rj9U5TeoGe0xb4PzNrK7Vy5MYu5kF28tGEZu1e9KtNbDlick-4dDGu1bcqeuQyg36QaYd5PKAo7Dg.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 26 22:10:18 BST 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Alan Bagworth
<alanbagworth at ...> wrote:

> The tenor is now the bourdon at Albury NSW, see Dove on line.
>
> Alan

It is indeed and is hung for slow swinging. When we rang there on a
tour, I asked the local RM what the extra rope was for and he
mentioned it was a 26cwt bell from England. He let me swing it and
then mentioned it was from Glastonbury and I realised I had once rung
a 1/4 peal on it in it's old home. On the same trip I rang several old
Bishopstoke bells in different towers I had rung before and also some
of the Gosport bells although I had not rung on those before they were
removed. Small world.