Wath (near Ripon) Yorks

John David johnedavid at iNcoL_EFKUXxIiP6cNJ0M0vRFFfU78M4Xicip6pvoOpUMJXmBQherhhDkcyGms1DlEzft31AnDPPs4nYrg.yahoo.invalid
Sat Nov 1 09:53:38 GMT 2008

Wath (near Ripon) Yorks

The Victoria county History says  in the internet version ('Parishes: Wath', A History of the County of York North Riding: Volume 1 (1914), pp. 390-396. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=64773)

“There are six bells: the treble and tenor by Shaw & Co., Bradford, 1901; the second and third by Warners, 1873; the fourth and fifth dated 1776.”

This does not agree with Dove, which has the tenor also by Warner 1873

2 and 3  and probably 6 would therefore date from the Incumbency 1862-1892 of the Rev W C Lukis (of “Church Bells” fame), some of whose papers I have been working through at the Guernsey Museum – though I have not yet come across any reference to these bells.

Please can someone confirm the accuracy of these details? (And possibly give the inscriptions?)

John David