Wath (near Ripon) Yorks

George Dawson george at EEzq6IR-geeyz4lsv32UCyh2BooWGTnYu2cfFoIBrcw_hJov4DyTT5hsGSqXaXY1-iI5uA3tyyL8RZmvWp7ifk7I6hOna94.yahoo.invalid
Sat Nov 1 12:10:54 GMT 2008

I'll send you a copy of Ranald Cloustons visit notes directly.

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of John David
Sent: 01 November 2008 09:54
To: bell hist
Subject: [Bell Historians] Wath (near Ripon) Yorks

Wath (near Ripon) Yorks

The Victoria county History says  in the internet version ('Parishes: Wath',
A History of the County of York North Riding: Volume 1 (1914), pp. 390-396.

"There are six bells: the treble and tenor by Shaw & Co., Bradford, 1901;
the second and third by Warners, 1873; the fourth and fifth dated 1776."

This does not agree with Dove, which has the tenor also by Warner 1873

2 and 3  and probably 6 would therefore date from the Incumbency 1862-1892
of the Rev W C Lukis (of "Church Bells" fame), some of whose papers I have
been working through at the Guernsey Museum - though I have not yet come
across any reference to these bells.

Please can someone confirm the accuracy of these details? (And possibly give
the inscriptions?)

John David

  _____

Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger Try it
<http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/117588488/direct/01/>  Now!