[Bell Historians] RE: Bilbie/Rudhall bells

Mike Chester mike at GOA48Blpm1BR2RoerTPYa3qjk2WxlgNsCLD_qLjkWSxVifqNVpF1XqXTmWGf-hr_C1eLwzeKHC9GzC6ljEMfJbjNGuo.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 24 22:48:11 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryaant"
<davidbryant at ...> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the tenor at Staple Fitzpaine is one of
> them (detail for this tower is incomplete on Dove), and it's
undoubtedly one
> of the worst-sounding bells I've ever heard.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staple_Fitzpaine

"St Peter's has six bells. The oldest dates from 1480. There are four
more original bells.In 1803 one of the bells was made by Thomas
Castleman Bilbie of Cullompton, one of the Bilbie family of bell
founders and clock makers."

Is this enough to "credit" the tenor to TCB?

Mike