Riverside bass bell

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at HcJsWOVUUsfK6ArW4uk3lK8-37NlGfCQi_7RSqMDk295acuma1HlXZlqVE8fuQIxNej1YS4i7cuiYSYlWqPwvg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 9 08:14:38 BST 2008

Some little time ago I asked if this was still the largest tuned bell
in the world. The response was that it was.  I had some exam
invigilation yesterday when there were no snoopers about so I took the
opportunity to read some of Jill Johnston's Englands Child. On page 83
it states that the Riverside bourdon was exceeded in 2000 but not as
part of a carillon. Any suggestions? I was intrigued to read that three
of these monsters had been cast and rejected - then the first one was
accepted!