[Bell Historians] Riverside bass bell

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at yh0WXWPN7ekOgQ7u7F5yGeGlyhDDaxx1Iq9Nb077rQYfj3vYpE2xfA4TJ7gq9Dv9LLcu55J_R0BJzyA29RqKE31FTcFi.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 9 09:04:18 BST 2008

On a recent visit to Eijsbouts and the Bell Museum at Asten I saw some photos of this bell - including one with a full-sized JCB inside it breaking out the brick core! - and there's a wooden "model" made up of six or eight complete sections (i.e. like moulding boards) locked together. All very impressive

CP

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Offen
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 8:42 AM
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Riverside bass bell

  The largest swinging bell in the world is now claimed to be at Gotenba in Japan.   At around 36 tons, I believe it was cast in 2006 by Eijsbouts, but, interestingly, their web site makes no mention of it.   As far as I am aware the Riverside bourdon is still the largest tuned bell in the world .unless someone else knows different.

  Richard