[Bell Historians] Minster Churches

ted.steele at p10YLohbgcZ3iHp8SQWAmtJmOpqzf8qLBoV38hbla7vevTKUJdFchIWCLC1vPEmTFCZYtaYbpoC4yw.yahoo.invalid ted.steele at p10YLohbgcZ3iHp8SQWAmtJmOpqzf8qLBoV38hbla7vevTKUJdFchIWCLC1vPEmTFCZYtaYbpoC4yw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 20 17:00:01 BST 2008

---- Richard Offen <richard.offen at KLLWb9E1BJzLjuglm8oaasc3BLlymXUG7kiwa6Y912EkCjo2XliM2SEeVUKLw0RQhdMUBsnIyQPA4LD1egFD7EC5zgjz.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Oh God!   Now there's another one:  Minster church of St Thomas of
> Canterbury & St Thomas the Apostle, Newport, IoW.
>

> They're breeding like flies!
>

> Richard

Don't knock it! If they don't find some nice non-parachial use for these mostly town-centre churches they will just become redundant. I share the feelings about the use of a word that appears to imply more than it really does but close examination does suggest that it is not entirely inappropriate for the intended role.

Ted

Ted