[Bell Historians] Which are the top 10 bell & /or bellhanging related books?

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at Mp8c-_7altty0OwFT2WtcXoO9o_jf8R8RQQ5RT_q5qm70GKpXl8X_wXJTkldRXrr29M5zoxBnIIVJ6Yy2Q3-iayv2Zu971sX.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 3 09:52:58 BST 2008

Not going to attempt a "top ten" but some of the ones I might nominate have already been mentioned. I'd disagree with a couple of the suggestions too - but won't here.

But one superb book has been overlooked so far - Andre Lehr's "Art of the Carillon in the Low Countries". Probably the most authoritative and lavishly-produced book yet produced about bells

Dalton's "Dorset" vies with it - and wind, of course, as far as an English title goes

Also, don't overlook Jones/ Ingram "Belfry Life in Birmingham" (John Day's recollections) - a great read, and now nicely illustrated too

Chris