Bell hangers' gimlet

Dennis Powney dennis.powney at FN1_evVZjVMhL6Jt12LgDmI1jRBeA6JQu8PJd0xfCfylRTwBeKFJ_2x404pStq3-NnZTKcapXCt1gB9NbzEE0K3H.yahoo.invalid
Fri Aug 7 19:50:57 BST 2009

I have recently viewed the February 1929 catalogue of Messrs Gardiner, Sons and Co Ltd, Nelson Street, Bristol. One of the items on sale is described as a 'Bell Hangers' gimlet, priced at - 12 inch = 10d, 18 inch = one shilling, 24 inch = 1/3d, 30 inch =1/7d.
Why would a bell hangers' gimlet be any different to any other wood workers gimlet, the owner of the book, and myself, are wondering?
Dennis Powney.