Re: [Bell Historians] Latin (was Greek)

Dickon Love dickon at cVk2I_vN5tKvzduCNMqc27lBrP5RDMHpJkz6Gs0DIm4oNXttvuK2pmVq7gD6grbtfuBDp1fL_cM.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 1 14:30:22 GMT 2009

>  I am replying on list because the text
>  you want translating into Latin is very
>  similar in sentiment to a well-known ditty
>  which you sometimes find on sundials or
>  headstones:
>
>  My glass has run,
>  Yours is running;
>  Be wise in time,
>  Your hour is coming.
>
>  I have been trying to track down the source
>  of this but failed. If you or anyone else
>  can help I'd be grateful.
>
>  Is your variant out of your own head or did
>  you find it somewhere?

Actually I am finding this as a favour to my Polish teacher.  She said she would be very "wdziczna" if I could find out for her.  I did of course turn to DLC first, and whilst helpful as ever, the fact that many of his books were still packed away following his move meant that the last line couldn't be translated.  So I am turning to a wider group.

DrL