[Bell Historians] Latchet stays, was St Barnabas, Pimlico

Ted Steele ted.steele at qLNTEpsVi0a_uu4OtVymUGD1RrLNd7cSTCtf_QuDVS_DxYM4Ddu-h8DIUfaDNBna2dM4781FX7CPLZc.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 21 10:42:16 GMT 2009

David Willis wrote:

> Looking at the pictures of the latchet stay device at Pimlico it strikes
> me that the system would quite readily accommodate a torque device to
> prevent damage if a bell bumped the "stay" to danger point.
>
> Ted
>
> If this arrangement is supposed to be an unbreakable stay,.......etc.
>

> _
I have not suggested that the latchet stay is supposed to be
unbreakable; in fact it quite clearly is not. My suggestion was that it
could be developed in that way.

Ted