[Bell Historians] Unpealed UK Rings of 8

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at wHXsk3WPxsohfD33Ab5qWK3ZfqsWgAQYQ8n8g6oGNTaRbF-HnSJjU6PMdJCKz_QcAWyo22IUsCKXVWthOTQp3tWFtA.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 28 00:50:40 GMT 2009

From: Sue Marsden
What is your definition of an unpealed 8? If you mean unpealed just as
an 8 then Gamlingay can be added to the list. They had a few peals on
the 6 but have not been pealed as an 8 -again, the local band want to
do the first.
SEM

I'm surprised this has generated so many responses. My criteria was to
exclude those previously pealed before augmentation as well as new rings
like Hugh Town, which I'm sure will be pealed sooner rather than later.
Apologies to Hartington as I thought they were installed longer ago than
2007.

Thanks to SEM for mentioning Swaffham Bulbeck which I was unaware of. I hope
the local band succeeds so they can celebrate the 10th anniversary of their
augmentation.

I suppose Droitwich, S Andrew, taken down in 1928, is another contender and
it is interesting to note that neither Sowerby Bridge or Hurst were pealed.
Nick