[Bell Historians] Victorian Farm on BBC2

Peter Humphreys pfh at K2-tbfJa8a_lBla9x-2bK_6iQajVN5Ij2et_mJ9Yz7CfVLG08tIPiSYB7IEK1WRMp56n3gmswvnJnw.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 13 19:49:25 GMT 2009

I did see the programme and, like Sue, was impressed with the ringing
sequences. It all looked very convincing but may be due more to the art of
the editor than that of the actors ;-) in which case we should compliment
him too. Unless he was a ringer, he would have needed some guidance. Who
would we thank for that? This is beginning to sound like a 'big fleas have
little fleas' scenario so I had better stop here.

We have been watching the series and are disappointed that it has come to an
end rather too soon.

Does anyone remember the 'Dear Ladies' episode where the ringing took place
at Great Budworth, Cheshire? Many of you will be far too young I guess - it
was some 25 years ago. That was not at all convincing - the bells seen
turning full circle and the actors clearly chiming.

And then there was the 'Ring Out Your Dead' Midsomer Murders episode.
Perhaps we could run a quiz here. Errrm, NO.

Peter Humphreys
15 Mount Park, Bebington, Wirral. CH63 5RD
Tel: 0151-608 9434. Mobile: 07896 342 920
Email Address: pfh at wh3-O9TCShxShvtQU-taVTnHT0lRkVPXqmE3xINbFMQZi_sFtESUvdS08o3vEf3Frtv57XRMyOgKrss.yahoo.invalid
VOIP (Skype) pfhbdh