[Bell Historians] Guildford Cathedral

David Bryant David.Bryant at CBuBdaOmyEsLm5GjEttL3K5Dyb0hGOT6HA5CvlIUevOIrsP6EppMKvpnSxU32lMzzJpzGSB1pGgepZ9zU5azxyu1.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jan 6 14:42:09 GMT 2009

"The first thing to strike me was the large unused "pit" in the centre.
Was it origialaly intended to add in a bourdon bell at some point,
perhaps?"

It looks to me like it's designed for the addition of a heavier tenor.
Wasn't there some discussion when they were first installed about having
a ring with a 50cwt tenor? Was the frame designed so that a heavier
tenor (presumably 40cwt-ish in C) could be added later if desired?

Anyone know?