[Bell Historians] Great Malvern Priory

John H Allen john at POst0Quo37OvOoZdso0P9Atvj86R5MNTn3BeIk1WbJwNerCcRpSjinDmTUlqFTXcrQ2YbeeStQbr.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 12 17:40:07 GMT 2009

I hear what DC says but I am concerned that to justify the retention of the
frame at Malvern, Lichfield Cathedral is quoted. It is said that the ringers
are happy which is not the case. We have not been asked by anyone how the
frame is bearing up. The reduction of frame movement from 8mm to 2mm is
meaningless. The simple fact is that certain bells are very difficult to
ring and matters are getting worse.

It is interesting to hear the views of competent peal ringers who have rung
peals previously and now find our glorious 10 very hard work. Peals of Royal
which were rung in the past in 3 hours 10 are now taking 3 20+ because the
back end ringers are unable to ring at that speed.

I fear that Malvern will be in the same position as Lichfield in not too
many years.

John

20:42:00