[Bell Historians] Great Malvern Priory

John H Allen john at 2CbFn_GgZIPMvdJ3gG-spyIHgonD2VD52b15EcsiZRHWHTZPcrB0nPbHxmZUkFA0aOtxMlKN5GkVorfP2Q.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 12 18:05:29 GMT 2009

Rod,

Exactly - it will get worse as we have experienced.

We have a 6 monthly maintenance visit by TES. Pulleys are checked and we
have had 3 replaced within the past 2 years.

John

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK)
Sent: 12 March 2009 17:52
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Great Malvern Priory

Has the movement been measured recently?
Getting it down is no guarantee it will stay down.
Other things go wrong. We have had a failed pulley, 3 collapsing ball
races and a couple of rubbing stays in the last 3 years.
Apart from that occasionally a clapper moves and needs to be reset for
accurate striking.