Great Malvern Priory

David Bagley david at Y2EKdB-62CGcC4Q_aey5Arfd2WC0zxtMS7srkc2jsULjXbQdewWPpDeDRt5gTKg6EtVQUzk1i0tClBbEfryDf4_l3nU.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 12 19:03:39 GMT 2009

Like many others, I have been following this thread with interest. I used to
ring at the Priory every week before I moved to Tewkesbury, and know the
bells and ringers well.

There have been some interesting comments, especially from John Allen
refuting the stated fact that the Lichfield ringers are happy with their
strengthened frame.

Not mentioned in the judgement, although referred to in one of the postings,
is the fact that EH actually own one of these frames, at Temple Church in
Bristol.

It seems to me that the judgement contains both inaccuracies and omissions.

However, nobody has yet brought up the matter of money.

Does anybody seriously think that, following this judgement, the ringers/PCC
are going to bother to raise a vast amount of money to buy what they don't
want? I don't think so. This ruling has therefore effectively silenced the
bells at the Priory.

I do feel so very sorry for what's left of the band. There have already been
resignations over the lack of progress and more may well follow.