[Bell Historians] Unusual clock chimes

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) Roderic.Bickerton at eZD5lxqggGEMJRPgCgXObZnaKxcaFzujOm81uHZy6ODF_I_0R2uZZEyJQkUGZAfWf5T2e-FK6v57ehdFo7wqVezzsDUwLET-neQEEuQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 3 16:17:22 GMT 2009

St Albans Abby has a fine multiple tune drum well documented, but I
don't know if the information is on line. I don't have copy's

I do not work Wednesday Thursday or Friday.
Please forward to rodbic at K-p5faPHEbnsHmDU82nQaF2UHGhblnrktLcu-OvOTHWy11s8V9e76SpAzE5ifX8EOKIfQ5cvlnOhWA.yahoo.invalid as well as my work email if you
want me to see it on these days. Do not send anything classified to
rodbic at K-p5faPHEbnsHmDU82nQaF2UHGhblnrktLcu-OvOTHWy11s8V9e76SpAzE5ifX8EOKIfQ5cvlnOhWA.yahoo.invalid

________________________________

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Whisker
Sent: 03 November 2009 15:51
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Unusual clock chimes

                    *** WARNING ***

 This message has originated outside your organisation,

There is a fine 1893 drum chime (called a "carillon" on the original
1893 plaque) at St. Peter's Church, Chertsey, Surrey.

http://stpeterschertsey.org.uk/bells/carillon.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.org.uk/bells/carillon.htm>
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/carillon.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/carillon.htm> >

It plays four hymns, : "We love the place, O God (Quam dilecta)" (8am),
"Home Sweet Home (comp. Sir Henry Bishop)" (1pm), "Lord, dismiss us with

thy blessing (Sicilian Mariners)" (5pm) and "The day is past and over
(St. Anatolius)" (10pm), all of which have recordings on the above web
page.

It is triggered by a fine flat-bed clock with a double three-legged
gravity escapement made by Smiths of Derby and installed in 1892 - again

a recording is available on the link below, although the chime is the
standard Cambridge one.

http://
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/clock.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/clock.htm>
>stpeterschertsey.org.uk
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/carillon.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/carillon.htm>
>/bells/clock.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/clock.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/clock.htm> >

For those interested, the Equipment Handbooks for both pieces of
equipment at: http://
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/manual.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/manual.htm>
>stpeterschertsey.org.uk
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/carillon.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/carillon.htm>
>/bells/manual.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/manual.htm
<http://stpeterschertsey.f2s.com/StPeters/bells/manual.htm> >

Regards
Peter Whisker

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132