[Bell Historians] Unusual clock chimes

Richard Offen richard.offen at lj_n4OveJbEAy4PAXqCrq8ire01XgtMWRmQPUVfmDly7DQ3zA6NIaFCGCPfHAIG-2K1XUfa7hcgr8tnHwf4mAGhMgAo.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 6 14:07:37 GMT 2009

DLC thinks Canterbury bells in 1170 must have been very heavy indeed because
it needed so many men to ring them. I bet the West Country lads - strong in
arm and thick in head according to the Rugby song - could have rung bigger
bells with fewer men. Kentish wimps?

Watch it Pickford!

On Mancroft, I think they're wonderful - but good? Not the same thing. And I
rather like the Norwich Cathedral chime too

I agree.

07:38:00