[Bell Historians] Astoria bell

Michael and Hilary Rose hilandmike at SRnzolotxVa93cu7eeqx6RJeuAgEOyT0oR6A3Qk1DzIEXNgIgXjFpOBuaVsVvbX6WYmTR7CPKY41qgfeqRRqGw.yahoo.invalid
Thu Nov 19 10:23:05 GMT 2009

    Thank you for that. Enlarging the original confirms what you say: the inscription reads "E A Williams & Son  Bell Founders  Jersey City  N J ?607?"

Michael Rose.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carl S Zimmerman
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 8:29 PM
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Astoria bell

        This bell has been reported to me before.  If I remember correctly (I'm away from home at the moment), it was produced for the United States Light House Establishment (hence USLHE) by E.V.Williams of New Jersey, USA.

        Carl Scott Zimmerman
        Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -
        - 19th c. home of up to 34 bell founders or resellers
        Tel. (314)821-8437
        Webmaster for http://www.GCNA.org/
        Webmaster for http://www.TowerBells.org/
        * Avocation: tower bells