[Bell Historians] Hanley Stoke on Trent

Brian Meldon CanewdonBells at 2bROGb5CCFLOd6tw-VlSkqeASaxL9HVhBPYxTpt4sXpOyLe1_sou46YTg2j6P5DWwJtq6cQDP0sKFU9GYMf95A9V.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 15 16:34:51 BST 2009

Here at Canewdon we also had the difficulty that three of the old bells and the old bellframe were included on the Grade II* (Star) listing of the church. I was not involved with the planning stages of the project here but I understand that the late Ken Smith researched this particular issue for many years and came to the conclusion that it would be very difficult, if not imposable to form a good case to have the old bells removed when a new ring of bells was installed.
Because of this it did not get as far as an application and the fact that the old bells had to remain in their frame was incorporated into the planning of our bell project.
In the end our applications were very well prepaired and went through without any problems or objections.
Brian Meldon