[Bell Historians] Bell restoration/tuning

David Bryant davidbryant at U_gtAIk3pfTFabuDmZeR6qc9B0eavecNUtByiYX7PPYTvNaoKxW0JZnSPtvNZqTRuuD5JPcw5jNHABpNjNYnd9M.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 16 20:10:13 BST 2009

"He spoke at the Perspectives conference at Worcester and again took the "Early Music" stance.  I pointed out that there weren't ringers going around seeking out complete untouched 17th century peals on which to perform authentic six-scores of Grandsire Doubles so his argument didn't stand.  He replied that other musicians were envious of ringers having early bells still in existence (but not presumably in use if the conservation lobby have their way over the bell frame in which they hang)."

I also asked him why the CCC and individual diocese (with a few exceptions) don't advertise adviser positions and sometimes appoint without reference to the bell interest community. He replied that the CCC couldn't tell individual dioceses what to do (which is true, although they could have advised). He didn't respond the the point with regard to the CCCs own appointment procedures.