[Bell Historians] TES archives and historic items

Robert Lewis editor at 5g7yPWy4XYbwZJL5nJYiI-agYn8K0JRYA3fiw35tALa0V-fpGV-vzPB12CrA0FBTBlAApThx129-tIGT2olPxw.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 22 10:57:31 BST 2009

At 10:31 22/09/2009, Rod wrote:

>What ever the outcome, it is unlikely that any future business would
>be able to take on maintaining the archives and historical items.
>
>If this is not to be dispersed, either a ringers organisation or a
>heritage organisation would need to take it on.
>It may be early for thinking about this, but if a proposal were in
>place, it would reduce the chance of serious loss, and may help to
>make revival of the business more likely.
>
>Maintaining a valuable part of our heritage is very important, but a
>considerable encumbrance to a business.
>In particular TES have made records available FOC, something not
>done by the other place, and for which we should be very grateful.
>
>This is a facility which is in considerable danger of being lost,
>something we would all sincerely miss.
>What can be done to help?

Of course it would be a tragedy if historic archive material and
artefacts were "lost".  However these items are for the most part the
valuable property and assets of a company that is in administration,
not receivership.  It seems a little premature to assume the worst.

RAL