Bells in the colonies

philholtsdgr pippolucas23 at LvviCLr_orwSBS9dmA8waFDGwteoJYQeXdkqaz16vZzqZI2fte3u4XT0HOkfUHJdeQp6jPmNFZHRSPI.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 8 12:42:06 BST 2010

Certainly for Australia & New Zealand the 'tyranny of distance' is a factor, although with its natural resources its surprising that a bell-founding industry didn't arise in the former. Mind you having sampled the 'delights' of the only Australian-cast ring of bells, perhaps we should be grateful.
Equally surprising is the fact that the only bells lost by ship-wreck were the original ones for Papanui, as far as I know
In New Zealand, there was another factor involved, that of being an area prone to earthquakes.
Phil Lucas