[Bell Historians] St. Mark, Winshill, Burton on Trent

Stuart Hutchieson shutchieson at zNBkkc1nGa_YJlzHbdihBhK74Te8BD8OOd0iU7DC1sos66CYh4yolEiS551gdvW-BSaaOCYw9xJCjVObxSYIEWk.yahoo.invalid
Sat Aug 28 12:11:26 BST 2010

Retuned and rehung in a new metal frame by JT 1991.

Stuart

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John H Allen
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:43 AM
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] St. Mark, Winshill, Burton on Trent

  Barry,

  George Dawson may have the answer.

  John

  From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at uKGn9D-O9nici_Nkl31LXueSq4spMnqNlzswPkTKVJwbROO8_MJAGkBqsMP2q8-4qA1ZQhNCPwut2jW3wHS_hiH17Vig.yahoo.invalidom] On Behalf Of jbpickup
  Sent: Saturday 28 August 2010 11:26
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com

  I have just returned from a mini-ringing week in Staffordshire and one of the towers visited was the fine six at Winshill. According to Dove they were cast by Taylors in 1868. They may well have been originally cast then but to my ears they sounded like a post 1900 recasting. I am sure someone will know if these bells have been recast since or has there been a miracle of retuning (or, more likely, my ears deceiving me).

  JBP