Fwd: [B&W News] George Massey

matthewhigby at twbvSYZJcY2sqjGpYSvef2toZPo7iG4D5va9XYXlqtd4a7I6L3ndq9tMFLQhbZOudb2AlRfJxMGiJPYC.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at twbvSYZJcY2sqjGpYSvef2toZPo7iG4D5va9XYXlqtd4a7I6L3ndq9tMFLQhbZOudb2AlRfJxMGiJPYC.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 16 11:20:28 GMT 2010

Dear List, this went out on the BWDACR list on Sunday morning. George will be sadly missed.

Matthew

Bath & Wells Diocesan Association of Change Ringers
        News mailto:news at lhVajmAl59VTEKqflTij6HsWAQvzeDI4QGIV9pMrpW66Lc06jadGa1e7KumLcUgTvjxpz87s_yfEuT6Jxw.yahoo.invalid
-------------------------o0o-------------------------------------

t is with great sadness that I have to inform  you that George Massey died this
orning after a short spell in hospital.

eorge joined the Association on 7th July 1951, having been a ringer in Epsom
ince about 1935.   He was a member of the Frome band from 1954-55, unattached
956-1958 and then Frome from 1959.

s an Association officer, George held a variety of posts - Peal Secretary
964-1972, General Secreatry 1972-1984, CC Rep 1972-2004.  He was made an
onorary Life Member in 1984 and was the first ever in Deputy Master in 1994.

t branch level, George was Frome Branch Chairman 1975-1989 and  ViceChairman
990-2000

 am sure that you will all mourn the passing of one of the Association's elder
tatesmen and join in offering our sympathy to Hilda and David.

uneral details will be posted when known.

ay Bunyan