[Bell Historians] Mini rings

John Harrison john at HW1C1MB2RKBWr34q3aJWBMafWAgAZhs600OuGNJGpPzU3VVqICxzl-HUBD-dj4mSelhEsJPD4YMILQ-cqA.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jan 28 16:02:29 GMT 2010

In article <a06240802c78758a7cc23@[192.168.1.10]>,
   Carl Scott Zimmerman <csz_stl at LLQfoo6HZwmFoCCsCwtW22MFl3qXtDLiBRyHUv8LmpgItn243QKJN65sActfGSezJPL6mGIz8DXa.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> ... attempting to define mini rings as a category distinct from
> "conventional" rings is a useful exercise ...  I would add two more -
> portability and materials.

I specifically didn't mention portability, because while I am pretty sure
that all portable rings would be accepted as mini rings, the converse isn't
true - many are permanently installed in buildings.  It might be feasible
to 'detach and carry' some of the lighter ones elsewhere, but it certainly
wouldn't be for the heavier ones.

Regards

--
John Harrison