Burton On Trent- moved 21cwt Tenor

George Dawson george at SPCnI_fL-Pd29DDlNyQhdFcVC2tiY5ohWJGtU9hwhLyj6AHU5oO9jy6DOtGSsS7V_MQlL4-EFxVMlkxDhs3qLCng4o-g_c0.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 8 09:48:54 BST 2010

I gather that the bell was acquired to go with the old Naburn Hospital clock
which has been removed from the Hospital & been acquired by the York Clock
Group wishing to exhibit it somewhere.

David Bryant or David Potter will know more.

George

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of steven_blakemore at F7KBNCgEk1CEnHIAm1GgiB3PWz_Bvl_kIaWQ-GiGZeegJuBYCiD2o-vjbtPNvy_FxSC12tn7cWZ6XqLpukBt8G4.yahoo.invalid
Sent: 08 July 2010 09:35
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Burton On Trent- moved 21cwt Tenor

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
<mailto:bellhistorians%40yahoogroups.com> , "Andrew Aspland" <aaspland at ...>
wrote:

> The former Naburn Hospital bell is now the seventh at Helmsley.
> Andrew

Thankyou for this information it will help me in my quest. I beut could you
shed more light on Helmsley? i typed it into doves guide and it states the
bell is around 9cwt and cast in 1905,in which case isn't the bell I am
lookingfor. Iam looking fora 21cwt Tenor with the note E and inscribed God
save his church1909. the dtails can be found below. I am not saying your
infois wrong but if it is a church tower dove doesn't seem to back your
theory up! could you tell me more about where it is as in location. Thanks
very much anyway; StevenBlakemore

<mailto:bellhistorians%40yahoogroups.com> , "steven_blakemore@"
<steven_blakemore@> wrote:

> > I was wondering if anyone could provide me with information on a 21cwt
bell: the bell was a former 1 bell tenor of a proposed ring of 8 in saint
chad's tower Burton Upon Trent. The bell was cast in 1909 by John Taylors,
the bell was removed in the around 1999 to make way for a ring of 6 from
newchurch. I have leads that the bell is in york at the naburn hosital.
could anyone enlighten me furher? I would like to find out it's exact
loction an d arrange with the owners, a time fr me to see it and photograph
it. the exact details of thebell are;The bell weighed 21-1-8 note E and
diameter 49". Its inscription was 'GOD SAVE HIS CHURCH 1909. Thanks Steven
Blakemore-Saint Chads Burton Upon Trent Bell Ringer. ,

> sorry about the typing mistakes!

19:38:00