[Bell Historians] RE: Burton Holy Trinity

Steven Blakemore steven_blakemore at Iza5nAH-CKLAlVezF9VBzoohV_waF-tEEv90bwxJxGopCa_QnG17zqzmohjSU6jWujHHnNH1Q1VsWTISWUW0Bipm8GcA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 20 17:07:16 BST 2010

yes the original church was built in 1824 and was rebuilt in 1882 ish because of
fire damage. The "new" church was originally supposed to have a ring of ten, but
when on of the early Taylor's came over they ended up with the big bell.

________________________________
From: David Bryant <davidbryant at gwwecdnRsBtV5U6d1uF0pGXQp7fYzn3qV4uPinCTovdkxn6c-TWWmEK3n52G8qBRY9rb1RueJZBCuw3EnCJ7.yahoo.invalid>
To: Bell Historians <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, 20 July, 2010 14:51:36
Subject: [Bell Historians] RE: Burton Holy Trinity

> What is the connection, if any, between this bell and the 2-ton one? Did the
>large bell displace the 16cwt one? Is the latter still in existence?

The Goole bell is dated 1869, so pre-dates the Burton church - was there a
previous church on the site?

And in answer to DLC's question, yes it does survive - now 15-2-8 and the tenor
of the eight at Goole, the front seven having been cast by Taylor's in 1889.
Alan Birney and I had a look at them and patched up the wheel shrouding on a few
of them several years ago.