[Bell Historians] Holy Trinity Burton On Trent

Bryan McCahey b.mccahey at OXSqNVbsLYIFbvYGLjRka84FwF1-VTEtiuosT5p7RUzFlLEMb5hgyW1OoYfef9d1Jp4ojmDzLCXMQt6rOg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 22 12:49:55 BST 2010

There's an article and nice illustration of Holy Trinity, Burton at
http://www.londonancestor.com/newspaper/1882/0729/trinity-burton-trent.htm

Bryan McCahey

________________________________
From: "steven_blakemore at GlL0JC-qIDoDbIYsWi4Zbx7VpCZ2pXWfo2cgeszS3PaDZOiw6L82-Pr2NsANwEGyF1GdISuJ7slUJEYDtOM4IdFl6hbL.yahoo.invalid" <steven_blakemore at GlL0JC-qIDoDbIYsWi4Zbx7VpCZ2pXWfo2cgeszS3PaDZOiw6L82-Pr2NsANwEGyF1GdISuJ7slUJEYDtOM4IdFl6hbL.yahoo.invalid>
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 5:25:36 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Holy Trinity Burton On Trent

I have yet another query. Before 1969 there used to be a church called
Holy Trinity (where the present Focus DIY is) around 1969/70 the church
was pulled down. It was originally going to have a ring of 10 but It
ended up with a 40cwt Tenor! I would like to know more about it and what
happened to it. I assume it went back to the bell foundary and was
melted down.

Can any on enlighten me?
The church was built in 1881/2 and had a 200 ft spire with a clock in
the tower.

Steven Blakemore