[Bell Historians] Unusual clock chimes

Peter Whisker peter at KYHpKVuP31sPyIyczftGDHKJtN-7n_8J4a00hR98SqSRVUwVSWE9VMhdzAcIeWyQv0cJhr1Z3pyAjk2W.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 22 19:55:43 BST 2010

The drum chime from 1893 (inaccurately "carillon") at St. Peter's
Church, Chertsey, Surrey plays the following four tunes:

"We love the place, O God (Quam dilecta)" (8am),
"Home Sweet Home (comp. Sir Henry Bishop)" (1pm),
"Lord, dismiss us with thy blessing (Sicilian Mariners)" (5pm) and
"The day is past and over (St. Anatolius)" (10pm)

The clock (1892 Smiths Midland Steam Works Derby) is a fairly standard
Cambridge (Westminster) chime on the quarter.

Details and recordings at http://stpeterschertsey.org.uk/bells

Peter