Dennis Powney dennis.powney at
Wed Jun 23 16:45:56 BST 2010

The ploughshear is neither the disk, or part of the mouldboard of a plough. It is a separate item, basically triangular in shape, which bolts onto the front of the mouldboard and can be easily replaced when worn out. The mouldboard turns the soil over once it has been cut, below ground, by the ploughshear.
Farmer Powney, in Wonderful Wiltshire!
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Carl S Zimmerman 
  To: bellhistorians at 
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Aluminium bells

        Continuing the comparison of national spelling variants, it's "plowshares" on this side of the pond.  For those not conversant with farm operation, a plowshare is the part of the plow which cuts the earth, and it can be shaped as either a disk or a moldboard.


        --- On Wed, 6/23/10, john at <john at> wrote:

          From: john at <john at>
          Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Aluminium bells
          To: "Bellhistorians at Yahoogroups.Com" <bellhistorians at>
          Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 5:09 AM

          Plowsheards i.e. ploughshears as in 
            They will beat their swords into ploughshears and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. — Isaiah 2:4 & Micah 4:3 


I am using the free version of SPAMfighter.
We are a community of 7 million users fighting spam.
SPAMfighter has removed 15841 of my spam emails to date.
Get the free SPAMfighter here:

The Professional version does not have this message
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the Bell-historians mailing list