[Bell Historians] This list

Paul Cubitt revp at DaFhPhxvyzWE5cGqtsAgvo2jb1A6ilPRYBSgEAIWlDM8oEvtnc4VC9oYs-62egfX7Byd9BYxJln3v1GamDj2wjs.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 25 10:46:32 BST 2010

So sorry to hear of difficulties and problems - not all of us in the CofE are difficult!

On a positive note the Bishop of Norwich, Rt Rev Graham James, and I rang before the service at Blofield on Sunday morning - when was the last time a Dioesan Bishop & Incumbent rang together in a Sunday? (We did manage the Diocesan Bishop, Rural Dean and Curate ringing after an Institution at Acle in 2008, but that was midweek).

Rev Paul Cubitt
Assistant Bells Advisor - Norwich Diocese

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Bryant
  To: Bell Historians
  Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:30 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] This list

  Having been running this list for a number of years (I set it up in 2002) I think it is now time to pass the running of it on to somebody else.

  I have been involved in a long-running and very acrimonious dispute with ringers and clergy in York. As a result of this, I no longer have the energy or the confidence to go around getting permission to inspect bells, or indeed to do any ringing in this area. I no longer feel able to trust the CofE, and try to avoid all contact with it so far as is possible.

  I would like to publicly thank those who have been so encouraging and willing to share their expertise over the years I have been involved in bell history - in particular Chris Pickford, Dave Cawley and George Dawson.

  If anyone would be interested in taking over the management of the list can they please email me off-list.

  Thanks