[Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

matthewhigby at P0kChpKEJ6hHbPIVJjyOepQPppuB9rAkiK_tj8ZnMaiHTsucACJrEwY-0sAwVn6nVNq768MPvpu8Lg.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at P0kChpKEJ6hHbPIVJjyOepQPppuB9rAkiK_tj8ZnMaiHTsucACJrEwY-0sAwVn6nVNq768MPvpu8Lg.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 19 18:36:08 GMT 2010

Helloo!

This sounds about right. £80 would barely cover their fuel and time. I think we should all do this - most projects now require 3 quotes (so say 66% of reports and estimates would be a waste of our time), it might help cover some of the costs involved!

best wishes,

Matthew (Currently doing this for free).

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Grimmett <richard at f4W3E6WWEYNTHrAmCmg1RRgmXjdsIRBGgh7K2oo41J7J_8XF08ivwmpANVlpeCZQgQ0OyvA7D16AgbPa9w.yahoo.invalid>
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Mar 19, 2010 6:18 pm
Subject: [Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

Is it usual policy for Whitechapel to charge a fee (of £80 for us) to
visit a tower when asked to quote for a new ring of bells?

I have not come across this before (not that I have done or been
involved with many projects). Other companies are not making any charge.

The £80 would be offset should they be awarded the job.

What is the experience of others on the list please?

Thanks
Richard Grimmett