[Bell Historians] Bar chimes

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at BkaErxvwFzFQ5o34Xk_ShidKsDYcFAWIQ4mF5I1af1xhp8W6CI1UAWXGXFKMJGuVZ3qoL4MP8jlQnpAHNzZHoP-KZA.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 4 10:54:18 BST 2010

Is the Copnor your refering to in Portsmouth? If so, give me the name of the church & I'll go and have a look.

AAJB
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bryan McCahey
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 11:09 AM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Bar chimes

  Can anybody please enlighten me as to what exactly "bar chimes" are? c.f. Allerton Bywater, Copnor, Goldthorpe and Dunham-on-the-Hill ? Are the Copnor chimes extant? How do they differ from conventional tubular chimes? There's certainly no current evidence of a chime at Dunham on the Hill, just a conventional bell turret.

  Bryan McCahey