[Bell Historians] half wheel [1 Attachment]

fartwell2000 alanjbirney at fhzuT8XznLBW43JAJkfAi7xuSgvBXVyySdrs5iO9Fchp85GDAiTUzRr-G669PKRK4XFwY8O2XoFcUFX_JPQi.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 6 09:26:02 BST 2010

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Roderic Bickerton <rodbick at ...> wrote:

> Superb, the classic design. A bell on such a wheel is fully ringable
>
> On 4 May 2010 20:16, John David <johnedavid at ...> wrote:
>

> >  [Attachment(s) <#12864bfe0116a594_TopText> from John David included
> > below]
> >
> > This drawing, which I have found amongst the Lukis family papers at the
> > Guernsey Museum and Art Gallery, of an ancient half wheel at Little
> > Ouseburn, York, by W C Lukis, may be of interest.
> >
> > John David

> > Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up now.<http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/>

  Possibly not now in use (or existance). Bells were planned to be rehung by T Mallaby and Son of Masham, 1897 in a 3 bell frame and the missing bell of the former three replaced.

  Only two rope holes (and ropes) at GF. At the time of my arranged inspection there (June 2006), the key for the padlock on the trapdoor had gone missing.

  The half wheel could maybe be higher in the tower somewhere.

   The architect says the bells cannot currently be swung full circle, but no idea what is wrong as I've not been up the tower.

   Perhaps Mr Aspland has been there?

Alan