St John & St James, Litherland, Bootle

David & Mary Kelly keltek at m_oelaCvXsXZr6mkwmbaEk0bUxTcbuTIzv_9xz_POV1SeTiGKHUYqvKoCaSYNjcMhYvWDwHIOeoZ-eZsbsLDTg.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 6 17:01:45 BST 2010

Yes it is true that the Keltek Trust offered to purchase the bell. However when Whites of Appleton arrived to remove the bell they found they could not gain access; we had instructed them that if the cost of removal was likely to exceed the value we had put on the bell then not to proceed. Reluctantly they concluded this was the case.
It was then hoped that the demolition contractors would be able to remove the bell intact but the vicar Ricky Panter thought that this would not happen. He was proved correct as it has been reported that a piece was broken out of the crown. The fallback position was for the church authorities to sell the scrap metal to a bellfounder and we believe that a sale is in progress.
Dave, Sec. Keltek Trust