Stolen bells

David & Mary Kelly keltek at xr1Njlfv9W5wrx08CDheOWV62wMTtRFNmZCOUZpbzhdOgfq25HSj4webERQQCbEJO5h2TKnjtXDEclZsgN8.yahoo.invalid
Wed May 12 14:50:59 BST 2010

Following the post of "Stolen bells found in Barnet" on the bellhistorians list last Thursday the Keltek Trust received an enquiry from Barnet Museum on Monday of this week to replace bells stolen the previous week. Photographs of the bells may be seen on their website:

http://www.barnetmuseum.co.uk/

Select "Collections and Events" Tab and then "Photographs of the Collection"

We forwarded a copy of the bellhistorians posting to the curator at the Barnet Museum and it appears that there has been some confusion at the Met. as the bells are still missing. The details of the stolen bells, a former chime at East Barnet Town Hall are:
Cast by Warner in 1898; The bells weigh approximately 3.25cwt, 2cwt and 1.5cwt; they have flat crowns.

Although we have tried to contact PC Karen Lawson we have had no response so cannot verify if any bells have been found as reported in the posting on May 6th.

Dave