Shoreditch bells picture

Ted Steele ted.steele at w4HuDiCGqnccAY2MwXzfo1M2Gd1RgafmnnD1nDG0x2L2DGApxZmhVryMaivV3ihsiODGCmx-T81yzYSljnc.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 20 15:01:04 BST 2010

I attach a low res copy of a picture that I came across while browsing
the few pictures that the London Borough of Hackney has on-line from its
archive site. It shows the bells of Shoreditch, apparently at Warner's
foundry. The location is stated to be Shoreditch High Street. That is
the location of the church but I think not of the foundry. Is this
correct? Hackney's archive has many errors.

This link is for the picture;

<http://www.hackney.gov.uk/servapps/historicimages/details.asp>

and this for the site:

<http://www.hackney.gov.uk/ca-archives>.

A higher quality picture can be purchased by download, (£5 when I last
enquired) but the site takes a bit of exploring. You can email them at
<Archives.Archives at KEFnN9W9AHfyiXmDODi-0x6fc3iuqcLFe-qsNofcQ5iy8NPeuxyght5CAy9RnUZJIuB3y0OXzxNdxPZ6X2MC_hFlH_f32q4Y.yahoo.invalid>. It is image number 1538 in the
"Religion" category.

The picture is an old postcard and as such it is probably well known: by
historians. It has no date, can anyone suggest one?

Ted