[Bell Historians] Birmingham University

Richard Smith richard at VP7Nwkbx1IAoEcUAx5NOT_x5Bekd4_CWjTbUpFiSIYtDWgK28aT0Bel7KJQzjuhZcPcJUipNCj0fCr3gMoF8.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 22 17:30:35 BST 2010

steven_blakemore at ODlYinShIJ60Ma5UtYqGXEXzzee8r7eM5eOywaV2tg0kuPwWA_2Q6U_DDhwrde2v9w2YJ3GGdRxg4ieRrhZvQiSDcg.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Thank you very much, for your reply. one last question!
> "The notes of the bells are as nos. 1, 2, 3, 6 and 10 of a
> ring of ten in G." does this mean there is a full circle
> ring of ten, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

It means there are five bells.  They have the notes G, D, G,
A, B, which are notes that bells 10, 6, 3, 2 and 1 from a
ring of ten have.  These are the five notes needed to sound
the Cambridge quarters (sometimes also called the
Westminster chimes).

RAS